This is actually an award winning pizza as it won a pizza cook-off last year in Opelika, Alabama. Ashley Webb was the winner.
I am a Certified Pizza Judge with the Pizza Cook-off Association. I was one of the judges at the “Battle of the Dough” competition in Alabama last August, and this pizza won 1st place. I asked Ashley for the recipe, and she linked me to BuzzFeed’s publication of it, which led me their source at Cooking Classy for the actual recipe.
The only differences in my version are my own NY-style dough recipe, baked at a higher temp on a stone, and I used a store-bought balsamic reduction, which did not include the honey.
I baked this in a conventional home oven. I have a pizza stone on the bottom rack, and a pizza steel on the top rack. The oven gets preheated to 525º F, and then holds for one hour before baking the pizza. (If your oven will go to 550º, do that.)
I went for 7 minutes on the stone on the bottom, and then switched to high broil, and moved the pizza to the steel on the top rack for 1.5 minutes. (Keep an eye on it though. It may need more or less time on broil.)
If you only have a stone, just keep it on the bottom rack the whole time. If you only have a steel, keep it on the top rack, and just switch to broil at the end.
The prep time does not include making and fermenting the dough, which is linked in a separate recipe. You can substitute a store-bought dough if you want, but making your own and fermenting it isn’t hard, and yields phenomenal results.
Award-Winning Peach & Prosciutto Pizza with Three Cheeses & Balsamic Reduction
- 1 Pizza Peel (Wooden)
- 1 Pizza Stone or Pizza Steel (I use both on the same cook, switching from stone to steel at the end.)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 clove Garlic Finely Minced
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 oz Prosciutto Thinly Sliced
- ½ cup Ricotta Cheese
- 5 oz Fresh Mozzarella Torn into small-dice sized pieces
- ½ cup Asiago Cheese Shredded
- 1½ medium Fresh Peaches Do not use canned. Must be fresh.
- 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar Glaze Store-bought, such as Filippo Berio
- ⅓ cup Fresh Basil Leaves Chopped
- 14 oz Pizza Dough for 14" pie (See dough recipe link in instructions below.) 12 oz for 12" pie) (See dough recipe link in instructions below.)
Preheat Conventional Home Oven
- I baked this in a conventional home oven. I have a pizza stone on the bottom rack, and a pizza steel on the top rack. The oven gets preheated to 525º F, and then holds for one hour before baking the pizza. (If your oven will go to 550º, do that.)
Pizza Dough Base
- See my Pizza Dough Recipe: https://pizzaismylife.com/pizza-dough-recipes/easy-ny-style-pizza-dough-recipe/
- See my How-To on Shaping the Dough: https://pizzaismylife.com/pizza-dough-recipes/how-to-form-the-pizza-round/
Topping the Pizza
- In a small bowl, stir together olive oil and garlic. Brush mixture evenly over top of crust, working to evenly distribute garlic. Season crust lightly with salt and pepper.
- Layer prosciutto over crust into an even layer, aligning pieces side by side (if they overlap slightly that's fine). Dollop small portions of the ricotta over pizza, then sprinkle with mozzarella cubes and asiago cheese.
- Cut peaches in half and core. Laying peaches with sliced side down, cut peaches into slices (slightly over 1/4-inch thick). Layer peaches evenly over pizza.
Baking the Pizza
- Bake at 525° F 8-9 minutes for 14", or 7-8 minutes for a 12" pizza.
- Drizzle with balsamic reduction, sprinkle with fresh basil, slice and serve.